Energy Saving Tips For Summer
With the hot and humid summer days rapidly approaching, here a few ways to cut your cooling costs without sacrificing comfort.
- Minimize indoor heat.It’s best to avoid using major appliances between 2 and 8 pm. Run the dryer and dishwasher at night and use an outdoor grill for cooking instead of the oven. If you reduce heat indoors, the air conditioning system won’t kick on as often.
- Close windows, blinds and shades during the day.Direct sunlight can significantly warm up your home. Prevent UV rays from bringing unwanted heat into your house during the day for a no-cost way to keep your home a little cooler.
- Utilize a Smart Thermostat.One of the best energy saving thermostats on the market is the Ecobee Smart WIFI Thermostat. It eliminates wasted energy while improving comfort and can save an average of 23% on heating and cooling bills annually. Click here for more details.
- Find out where your home is losing energy.A complete home energy audit pinpoints areas of inefficiency in your home. Our certified technicians will fix areas where energy is being wasted to help reduce your energy usage. Click here for more details.
- Get your A/C tuned up.Having annual maintenance conducted on your central air conditioning system will help improve its energy efficiency and keep it operating at peak performance.
This summer, Connecticut residents can depend on Santa to keep them cool. Whether you need a new air conditioning system installed or your current one tuned up, our professional team of cooling specialists will get the job done right, give us a call at 800-937-2682.