Believe it or not, radiant heating is one of the oldest forms of heating known to man. Invented by the Romans who used it to heat villas and public baths, underfloor heating has evolved into one of the fastest-growing ways to heat your house today. This article briefly explains what radiant heating is and what benefits it offers.
What is radiant heating?
Radiant heating is an under-the-floor heating system that is capable of warming up an entire house. Panels are installed under a home’s floors, which heat up on command via electricity or hot water. The heat they emit is conducted through the floors and naturally radiates to the room, warming all objects in it including walls, furniture, and people. Radiant heating can be used on any type of floor; hardwood, tile, carpet, and even concrete.
What benefits does radiant heating offer?
Radiant heating systems offer a ton of benefits to homeowners, such as the following:
- Energy-Efficient. Up-front costs of radiant heating can be higher than other options, but the monthly savings it offers are significant. Homeowners using a radiant heating system in their house have reported savings of up to 40% on their energy bills.
- Hear the difference. Radiant heating systems are entirely quiet. Unlike forced-air systems, you won’t hear vents turning on and off all day, and no more clinging radiators either. Just a silent, warm home.
- Allergy-friendly. People who suffer from allergies will appreciate radiant heat. No ductwork means that dust and other allergens won’t be spread through air vents in your house, allowing you to breath cleaner and easier.
- Consistent temperature. Since warm air rises, radiant floor heating is the perfect way to deliver a consistent temperature throughout a home. The heat that the floors emit will travel upwards, thus warming the whole room to an even temperature.
- No more cold feet. Maybe the best perk of all, say goodbye to cold feet. Radiant heating means warm floors and warm feet around-the-clock, and who could put a price on that?
If you are considering installing a radiant heating system in your Connecticut home, contact the heating experts at Santa Energy. For more than 80 years, Connecticut home- and business-owners have trusted Santa to keep them warm. For more information on how a radiant heating system can benefit you, call us at 800-937-2682.